Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Sinking in Feelings

Sinking in feelings
By: Yours truly

As I fell beneath the sailer dwarf
I kicked and I struggled to stay afloat
but the more I tried and fought to live
the harder it became to keep up hope

all around me, the water filled in
I turned and tumbled, arms flailing hard
but the toll was just too much
I started sinking with no ones regards

the bubbles had flowed out from between my thin lips
and I watched as they rose to the top
the surface so calm was then disturbed
as hands pushed through and brought me to a stop

The hands pulled me up
and emerged me into the air
gasping for breath I cried out with fear
with my face covered in my wet hair

those hands who had saved me were shaky and scared
as they moved the hair across my face
no thought moved through me as my heart thumped loud
And I felt that tight embrace

my breaths were deep and long drawn out
as my body started to shiver with cold
those hands were wrapped around me
as they let my story start to unfold

that same sweet voice I always knew
told me everything would be okay
warmth flooded threw me as I began to sob
and I realized my dismay

I knew I could now make it
and if I couldn't, I had someone to help me
I would be able to make it through
for I am me, myself and Brittany Marie

No comments: